Spatial organization and problems of agriculture and rural areas, interaction between the cities and countryside, Russia's suburbs and “dacha” suburbanization, social and economic problems of Russia's regions.
1. T. Nefedova. Major Trends for Change in Socioeconomic space of Rural Russia //Regional Research of Russia (RRR), Vol. 2, № 1, 2012, pp. 52-65
2. G. Ioffe, T. Nefedova, K. de Beurs. Land Abandonment in Russia: A Case Study of Two Regions// Eurasian Geography and Economics, 2012, 53, No. 4, pp. 527–549
3. T. Nefedova. Russian rural nechernozemye: collapse or new ways of development?// Geоgraphy. Environment. Sustainability, № 4, 2011
4. T. Nefedova, A. Treivish. J. Pallot. The Crisis Geography of Temporary Russia// Eurasion Geography and Economics 2010, Vol. LI, No. 2, pp. 203-218
5. J. Pallot, T. Nefedova. "Russia's Unknown Agriculture. Household Production in Post-Socialist Rural Russia/ Oxford University Press 2007, 220 с.
6. G. Ioffe, T. Nefedova. «The End of Peasantry? The Disintegration of Rural Russia». University of Pittsburg Press, 2006, 250 с
7. G. Ioffe, T. Nefedova, I. Zaslavski. From spatial continuity to fragmentation: the case of Russian farming// Annals of Association of American Geography, 2004, Vol.94, No 4, pp.913-943
8. T. Nefedova/ Rural Russia in the Crossroad (geograpfical issues). Мoscow: Novoe Izdatelstvo, 2003, 516 pp (in Russian).
9. G. Ioffe, T. Nefedova. Environs of Russian Cities. Lewiston, New York (USA). The Edwin Mellen Press, 2000.
10. G. Ioffe, T. Nefedova. Continuity & Change in Rural Russia: A Geographical Perspective. Boulder, Colorado (USA,) Westview Press, 1997.