Glacioclimatology, fluctuations of glaciers, projection of the evolution of glacier systems, assessment of glaciers by remote sensing, mapping glaciological characteristics of the glacial systems, mountain reserch. Study areas: Byrranga Mountains, Northeast Russia, Koryak Highlands, glacial systems of Chukotka, Russian Subarctic and Antarctic
Leading authorof the international projectSWIPAnd SWIPA-follow-UPhttp://www.amap.no/swipa;Leading authorof the international project on Arctic AACA http://www.amap.no/adaptation-actions-for-a-changing-arctic-part-c;Member of the Associationof CryosphereSciencesInternational Union of Geodesyand Geophysics (IUGG); Member ofthe Intergovernmental Panel onClimate Change(IPCC)
- Maria D. Ananicheva& Andrey Karpachevsky Glaciers of the Orulgan Range: assessment of the current state and possible development for the middle of the 21st century Environmental Earth Sciences, August 2015, Volume 74, Issue 3, pp 1985-1995
- The secondassessment reportabout climate changeand their impacton the territory ofthe Russian Federation.2014. Roshydromet, Section 4.The impact ofclimate change onnatural land systems.Leadauthors -AnanichevaM.D., Krenke A.N.
- M.D. Ananicheva, G.A. Kapustin A.Y. Mikhailov Glaciers of Meynypilgynsky Range: current status and forecast of the glacier systems evolution, 2012. // Ice and snow. N 2 (118), 40-50
- M.D. Ananicheva The current state of the glaciers of the Koryak Highlands and evaluation of their evolution to the middle of 21st century, 2012 // Ice and snow.N 1 (117), 15-24.
- Terry V. Callagan, Margareta Johansson, Jeff Key, Terry Prose, Maria Ananicheva and Alexander Klepikov. Feedbacks and Interactions: From the Arctic Cryosphere to the Climate System // Ambio Vol. XL, Suppl.1 2011. P. 75-86
- M. D. Ananicheva, A. N. Krenke, and R. G. Barry The Northeast Asia mountain glaciers in the near future by AOGCM scenarios, 2010 // The Cryosphere, 4, 435-445
- Ananicheva M.D. and Krenke A.N. (2008) Evolution of fields of the glaciological parameters at glacier systems in the North-East Siberia. In: Changes of natural environment and climate: natural and possible consequent human-induced catastrophes. Vol., Part 2. Natural processes in polar regions. Ed. V. M. Kotlyakov, IG RAS Publishing, Moscow, pp. 125-133
- Ananicheva, M.D., Krenke A.N. Mountain glaciation (by the example of NorthEast of Siberia and Kamchatka) in the Chapter "Glaciation and snow cover in North Eurasia in immediate future. in: Glaciation in North Eurasia in the Recent Past and Immediate Future. Ed. V.M. Kotlyakov. Moscow, "Nauka" , 2007, 277-293
- Maria D. Ananicheva, Michael M. Koreisha and Shuhei Takahashi Assessment of glacier shrinkage from maximum in the LIA in the Suntar-Khayata Range, North-East Siberia – Japanese Society of Snow and Ice. BulletinofGlaciologicalResearch 22 (2005) p.9-17
- Maria D. Ananicheva, Alexander N. Krenke Evolution of Climatic Snow Line and Equilibrium Line Altitudes- North-Eastern Siberia Mountains in the 20th Century. - Ice and Climate News, The WCRP Climate and Cryosphere Newsletter, N 6, July 2005, 1-6.
- KondratievK.Ya., Losev K.S, Ananicheva M.D., Chesnokova I.V. Stability of life on Earth. Springer- Praxis. 2004 – 165 pp.
- Yuriy M Kononov, Maria D. Ananicheva, and Ian Willis. High resolution reconstruction of Polar Ural glaciers mass balance for the last millennium – Annals of glaciology, 41. Papers from the International Symposium on Arctic Glaciology, held in Geilo, 23-27, August 2004. IGS, Cambridge, 163-171
- YuriyKononov, Maria Ananicheva and Natalia Davidovich. Northern Eurasia response on global climate change. – Proceeding of the 2nd International Symposium on Arctic Environment Tokyo 20-26 February 2000, Mem. Nat. Inst. PolarRes., Spec. Issue, 54, 2001
- Ananicheva M.D., Davidovich N.V. Glaciation of the Suntar-Khayata Ridge at climatic optima. – Proceeding of the International Symposium “Atmosphere-Ocean-Cryosphere interaction in the Okhotsk sea and surrounding environment”, Sapporo, 12-19 December 2000, Japan.