The fields of researches:
dangerous geomorphological processes in mountains, mountain landscape, cultural landscape.
1. Karavaev V.A. Cultural landscape of Bronnitsy, Serpukhov and Kolomna // Herald of the Moscow State University. Seria 5. Geography. 2001. № 2.
2. Karavaev V.A. Trees as the element of the ecological frame of Moscow // Landscape Ecology. Issue 2. Moscow: Alfa, 2001.
3. Karavaev V.A. The influence of topography on the boundaries of the city landscape // Geomorphology. 2008. № 2.
4. Karavaev V.A, Voskova A.V. Debris flow landscape – geomorphological systems of the Cherek Balkarskii and Cherek Bezengiiskii rivers valleys // Geomorphological systems / Editor E.A. Lihachiova. Moscow: Media-PRESS, 2010.
5. Karavaev V.A, Voskova A.V., Istomina E.A. Dangerous exogenic processes in the Lkezy river valley // Georisk. 2012. № 4.
6. Karavaev V.A, Voskova A.V. Specific of the dynamic of debris flow geosystems with the middle mountains and low mountains of Teberda river valley as the example // Geomorphology. 2013. № 2.